It is a criminal offence to carry on a regulated activity in the UK unless you are an Authorised Person or an Exempt Person. It is also a criminal offence to provide payment services or issue electronic money in the UK without the correct regulatory permission.
Do you know precisely which regulatory permissions you require and how to apply them?
We provide perimeter and permissions guidance on:
- Alternative business models that may fall outside the FCA’s perimeter or require fewer regulatory permissions
- Whether it is better for your firm to be authorised as an Authorised Payment Institution or an Electronic Money institution
- Which payment service permissions Authorised Payment Institutions require, for example, money remittance, payment account or issuing payment instruments
- Which permissions firms selling currency options, cryptocurrencies or peer-to-peer lenders require
- Which Consumer Credit permissions firms require
Do you want help with your legal documentation?
Book your free initial 30 minute consultation with Richard Creed: